Baton Rouge duplex blaze causes fire, smoke and water damage on Thursday evening

BATON ROUGE, La. (LOCAL 33) (FOX 44) - The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a duplex fire a little before 6:00 p.m. on Thursday.

The duplex fire at 12378 Warfield Ave. was caused by en electrical malfunction in the kitchen of one of the units. 

On February 1, firefighters arrived at the scene and in around ten minutes were able to contain the fire to the kitchen of the unit of origin. 

Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said the rest of the unit received some smoke and water damage.  

According to Monte, the unit next door received some water damage and the multi-family dwelling incurred $13,000 in damages. 

EMS and Entergy assisted BRFD at the scene of the fire and Red Cross was notified to provide assistance to the residents.  

Trending Stories

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox 44

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox44 Baton Rouge

  • BR Proud Mobile App