Crews battle flames at Jefferson Shadows Apartments caused by charging toy battery

ST. GEORGE, La. (LOCAL 33) (FOX 44) - St. George firefighters battled flames Monday night at a Baton Rouge apartment complex.

Crews arrived on scene of a fire at the Jefferson Shadows Apartments Monday around 9:20 p.m.

According to the St. George First Protection District, the first crew arrived to find fire burning through the roof.

There were no injuries. The fire was declared under control around 10:30 p.m.

The fire investigator on scene determined that a remote control car battery that was charging on a bed overheated and caused the fire. 

A total of 26 occupants were affected by the fire.

 

 

 


Don't Miss

Trending Stories

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox 44

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox44 Baton Rouge

  • BR Proud Mobile App