Fire at Addison Apartments caused water damage on first two floors of building

BATON ROUGE, La. (LOCAL 33) (FOX 44) - The St. George Fire Protection District was called to the Addison Apartments on Tuesday afternoon to battle a kitchen fire.

According to Chad Roberson of St. George Fire, a fire alarm was reported around 2 p.m at the Addison Apartments.

Firefighters arrived at the building located at 10231 The Grove Blvd and found a fire in the kitchen area of apartment 210. 

Roberson said, the sprinkler system activated and controlled the fire. 

There were no injuries reported and the fire was under control 20 minutes after firefighters received the call. 

Both the first and second floor of the building sustained water damage.

East Baton Rouge EMS and the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office assisted St. George Fire at the scene.


The fire is still under investigation and further information will be provided when it becomes available. 

Trending Stories

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox 44

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox44 Baton Rouge

  • BR Proud Mobile App