When Cooking Fried Chicken Goes Wrong

When Cooking Fried Chicken Goes Wrong

Baton Rouge, La (LOCAL 33) - Baton Rouge Fire Fighters were called out to a house on the 4000 block of Palm Street around 7 o'clock Tuesday night.

Gabrielle Hogg and her roommates were just trying to cook fried chicken, when things took a turn for the worse.

"It smelt like burnt stuff in the oven, like whatever burnt little pieces that get stuck in there," said Hogg.

Hogg said they over heated the canola oil in the oven.

"That's where it went wrong it started smoking, and we didn't pay attention, we should have turned it down when we noticed it," said Hogg.

She was panicked by the smell, "I thought the the house was going to catch on fire,"said Hogg.

So she sprayed water from across the kitchen on the oil, a big mistake!

"Putting water on it, which I'm embarrassed that I did that," said Hogg.

Hogg and her roommates have a visible reminder of smoke damage in the kitchen to never to do that again. They don't plan on cooking the chicken.

"I kind of feel like it's jinxed and lost my appetite freaking out," said Hogg.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire. 


Don't Miss

Trending Stories

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox 44

  • WVLA Local 33 News

  • WGMB Fox44 Baton Rouge

  • BR Proud Mobile App