6 P.M. UPDATE
The roadway is clear after a small plane made an emergency landing on Interstate 59 in Tuscaloosa.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Westbound lanes of I-20/59 in Tuscaloosa are blocked after a small plane made an emergency landing on the roadway Saturday evening.
Shortly before 4 p.m., troopers responded to the scene of a single-engine plane emergency landing on Interstate 59 near the 70 mile marker, Alabama state troopers report.
One lane remains blocked. The pilot, who was the sole occupant, was not injured. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the area.
ALDOT tweeted a photo of the small engine stating, “The right lane on I-20/59 WB at MP 70 in Tuscaloosa is blocked after a small plane made an emergency landing.”
- Louisiana hemp growers affected by USDA’s final rule regulating production in the U.S.
- Mayor Broome congratulates President Biden on inauguration, asks for quicker access to COVID-19 vaccine
- BRPD investigating deadly stabbing on Larkspur Ave.
- BRPD investigating deadly double shooting on Earl Gros Ave.
- Ochsner cancels COVID-19 vaccinations due to critical shortage