TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Video of a monkey wearing a Crimson Tide shirt in Tuscaloosa is quickly making its way around social media.
On Tuesday night, video surfaced on Twitter of a monkey, possibly a capuchin, looking out the passenger-side window of a black Dodge Charger on McFarland Boulevard. DCH Regional Medical Center can be seen in the background.
The video was first shared by Charles Newman (@ClnewmanXCV), who said the video was taken by a friend as she and others were in a nearby car. It’s not clear when the video was taken.
“It’s like ‘Friends,'” one woman on the video, referring to one character from the hit TV show “Friends” owning a monkey in earlier seasons.
At one point, the monkey is sitting close to the open window, causing people in the nearby car to think it is about to jump out. However, it has a leash tied around its waist to prevent it from getting out. The video ends with the car driving away.
Since being posted close to 6 p.m. Tuesday night, the video has been viewed over 121,000 times as of Wednesday morning.
It did not take long for people to notice the video. Even the Alabama Athletics Department joined in the fun.
“We need more Bama Monkey in our lives,” a tweet from their account read.
Others had fun with the video.
We’ve seen a lot of things in Tuscaloosa, but a monkey definitely takes the cake.
- Louisiana man among two who died after being pulled from the Gulf of Mexico
- N. Louisiana senator lashes out at LSU Baton Rouge in defense of LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- United Cajun Navy calls off search for missing LSU student
- BRG seeing low COVID-19 patient numbers, hits milestone for vaccines administered