Baton Rouge Fire Dept. reports Thursday afternoon building fire at LSU


BATON ROUGE, La. (BRProud) – The Baton Rouge Fire Dept. (BRFD) responded to afternoon building fire at the LSU Life Science Building located at 214 S. Campus Dr. on Thursday, May 14.

According to BRFD the fire started in a lab in the Life Science Building. The fire appeared to have started on a stove in the room. Firefighters were able to contain the fire inside the lab on the fourth floor of the building. The fourth floor received heavy smoke and water damage. No one was inside the room at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported in the building. The damage estimate stands at $150,000.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories