BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — LSU running back Tyrion Davis-Price announced that he plans to dedicate his Saturday performance in Tiger Stadium to the late Remy Hidalgo. Hidalgo was a junior football player at Denham Springs High School who died Sept. 18 after collapsing at practice.
In a tweet Monday night, sophomore Davis-Price said he had spoken to Hidalgo’s family and learned of Remy’s love for LSU football. “They told me how much he loved LSU football so I’m going to make sure I give you a show,” read the tweet.
LSU opens the season against Mississippi State. Kick-off is at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead