BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- In a year of unprecedented stress, a prolonged presidential vote count is adding to the anxiety felt by many. Fox 44’s Crystal Whitman has more on why some local rescue shelters say they’re seeing an boost in pet adoption to help bring comfort and relief during this time.
A study released by the American Psychological Association says more than three in four democrats and two in three republicans believe the 2020 election is a major cause of their stress.
Experts say if you are feeling anxious or depressed about the election, the best thing you can do is limit your social media use and resist the urge to worry about what can’t be controlled or what hasn’t happened.
- Sexual Trauma Awareness and Response team pushes for more change
- Bayou Manchac to be cleaned out to prevent flooding in multi-parish drainage project
- Free emergency response training available in October
- Parliamentarian dashes Senate Dems immigration hopes
- Baton Rouge teen stars in film inspired by her grandfather, to compete in film festival