BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Bites and Boards in The Village at Willow Grove has become one of the most talked-about businesses in town. While the sign out front says the shop is a “cheese boutique,” the experience customers gain is more in line with the forthcoming tagline: “cheese reimagined.”

Owner Robyn Nicosia Parker is a big reason the shop is so trendy and popular. While the bricks-and-mortar business will celebrate its one-year anniversary on June 12, Parker has so much more to celebrate. “Somehow I found a way for cheese to make me happy,” Parker told BRPROUD.

“Cheese reimagined” will be the shop’s new tagline when it moves into a new, expanded space two doors down from its current location. The tagline was created by Parker and a third-party marketing firm. Customers can expect additional casual seating (indoors and outside), along with the sale of cheese flights and wine flights.

Parker has also been responsible for growing an impressive social media following. “I don’t know how I became an influencer at 59 now, but somehow, 13,000 people have found me,” joked Parker.

If you are lucky enough to snag a spot in one of her cheese board-building classes, you can learn Parker’s trademarked seven-step method to building a board, “Seven C’s.” Spoiler alert: One of them is Chocolate!

“I love all my customers, what they allow me to do for them and I teach them how to make memories around a cheese board,” said Parker.

Whether you personally build your board or not, expect to leave Bites and Boards with an in-person showstopper.

You can also place an order in advance by calling (225) 256-5372. Bites and Boards also offer the option of delivery.

“I deliver boards to new moms. I deliver boards to people after surgeries — a lot of funerals, unfortunately,” said Parker. “But there’s a lot of times when cheese actually is part of that healing process. If someone has had something happen in their life, they will send a cheese board and I’m honored and happy to do that for them.”