BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Looking for things to do in Baton Rouge this weekend? Look no further. The weekend of Jan. 27 to Jan. 29 is packed with new things to see and learn.
On Friday, there will be a class that teaches you different ways to cook a chicken led by the Queen of Condiments. Want to host a party without cozying up to your stove? Well, you are in luck because a beginner’s guide on how to build a trendy party appetizer plate will be held at a local event center.
There’s going to be a pop-up shop in the heart of Mid-City for you to buy some lunch on Saturday.
Mardi Gras lovers can attend a New Orleans-themed buffet on Sunday.
Learn more below about what, when and where the events are along with any event costs.
Attend a cooking class
- What: Life Changing Chicken Cooking Class will teach you how to make different chicken recipes. Lili Courtney will lead the hands-on class; anyone 16 and older can sign up.
- When: noon to 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27
- Where: Red Stick Spice Company (660 Jefferson Highway)
- Cost: Individual tickets are $95.
Learn how to make a charcuterie board
- What: Beginners Charcuterie Board Class is a face-to-face event that will teach guests how to create a charcuterie display at home. All the ingredients, including a bamboo plate, are included in the admission price.
- When: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27
- Where: The Haven Two Event Center
- Cost: General admission is $65.
Sample lots of local shops
- What: Local Pop-Up Market will be open for the first time this year. Located in the heart of Mid-City, Local Pop-Up will have a little something for the shopper at heart.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28
- Where: Electric Depot
Go where there’s something for the whole family
- What: Mardi Gras Brunch Buffet invites guests to wear their favorite Mardi Gras outfit and enjoy New Orleans-themed dishes to the sounds of live music.
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29
- Where: Hebert’s Cajun Meats, 28811 Walker South Road
- Cost: Ticket prices range from $30 to $120. Reservations can be made here.