BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Dinner dates are fun but can get old fast. Here are 10 unique, fun and romantic date ideas for couples who want to shake things up a little bit but still stay in the city.
For physical couples, rock climbing can be a challenge to face together. One of the biggest rock climbing facilities in the state is here in Baton Rouge. For the quiet duos, there is a library with floor-to-ceiling windows and a rooftop terrace.
Those who want a little adventure can explore the city to find all of the wall art in Baton Rouge. Check out more date ideas below!
Race to the top of a rock climbing wall
- Where: Uptown Climbing
- Cost: Adult admission is $18 for a day pass.
Enjoy a spirits tour and tasting
- Where: Rally Cap Brewing Co.
- When: 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday
- Cost: Tour tickets are $20 and include a guided flight of four 5-ounce tasters
Listen to live music
- Where: Chelsea’s Live
- When: The bar has upcoming shows every night through April. Check online for times and to see who’s performing.
See wildlife, sip vino at the same time
- Where: Baton Rouge Zoo’s Wild Wine Walk
- When: 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. April 21
- Cost: This event is for anyone 21 and over. General admission is $50 and the VIP experience is $75
Do a street art tour around the city
- What: The Walls Project
- Where: There are 144 wall murals around the Baton Rouge area. Can you find them all?
Relax at a spa
- What: Get a couples massage and relax together in a soothing environment.
- Where: The Emporium
- Cost: A full list of services can be found here
Read together with a nice view
- Where: The Main Library at Goodwood
- What: The library has a beautiful terrace rooftop and a public plaza with a fountain. Spend time reading together or just in the same space.
Share a powdered sugar treat
- Where: The Vintage Baton Rouge
- What: Get an order of beignets with either coffee or bubbles and enjoy the cool atmosphere.
Go old school with dinner and a movie at the same time
- Where: Movie Tavern Citiplace
- What: Watch a movie and have dinner delivered right to your seat.
Throw an axe at a glow-in-the-dark wall
- Where: Civil Axe Throwing Baton Rouge
- When: This event happens every Friday. Appointments can be booked here.
- Cost: 1 hour is $28 and 2 hours is $42