BATON ROUGE, La. (BR Proud) — Baton Rouge General has administered more than 2,200 COVID-19 vaccines in the past week, according to a release.
A spokesperson for BRG said 2,259 vaccines have been administered for the week ending Jan. 12. Those receiving their first dose make up 1,589 vaccines, while the remaining 670 vaccines were given to people as a second dose.
Out of the 2,259 vaccines administered, 2,105 were hospital employees and/or medical staff while 154 were provided to patients or the general public.
BRG has 5,300 vaccines scheduled for the future. The hospital is currently treating 66 Covid-19 positive patients.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration