BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)— L’Auberge Casino Hotel Vice President and General Manager Kim Ginn announced in a statement today the reopening of L’Auberge Casino Hotel is set for Monday, May 18. The Casino Hotel will reopen with strict COVID-19 spread prevention measures.
“We are very excited to reopen L’Auberge Baton Rouge on Monday, May 18th at 8:00am. While the amenities our customers have come to know and love may be somewhat limited for the time being, the ability to safely welcome back our team members and guests remains our top priority, ” Ginn said. “With this in mind, we have been working closely with the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, state and local leaders, and public health officials to finalize comprehensive Phase I reopening protocols and new health and safety precautions. Our returning team members will be trained on these procedures and our guests will see reminder signage about them throughout the property.”
According to Ginn, the following new social distancing protocols will be in full effect:
- Capacity will be limited on the gaming floor to no more than 25% and disable 50% gaming positions.
- Floor decals and signage have been installed to strictly enforce social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
- Table game seating will be limited, and every other slot machine will be disabled.
- All live music, entertainment, convention, and banquet services will remain suspended.
- No large drawings, tournaments, or special events will take place.
- Only prepackaged sandwiches, drinks, and snacks from PJ’s Coffee Shop will be available for guests.
- The Stadium, Bon Temps Buffet, 18 STEAK Bar and Restaurant, and Edge Bar will remain closed.
- The poker room, hotel, and valet will also be closed.
The following measures will be taken to promote health and safety at the Casino Hotel:
- Employees will be required to wear masks and will undergo a health screening each day, including temperature checks, prior to their shift.
- Guests and vendors will be required to have their temperature checked before entering the property and will be encouraged to wear masks.
- Slot machines and table games will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Sanitizer stations will be installed on the casino floor and be readily available throughout the facility.
- A fog machine will be used to disinfect and sanitize the property every night.