BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 21 deaths in the state over the last 24 hours.
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 620 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 65 of those patients are on ventilators.
There are 696 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,614 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 178,870 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 457
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 123
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
There have been a total of 2,667,505 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 19, 165,282 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- COVID-19 long haulers are developing debilitating, chronic condition called POTS
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Wednesday Morning: Storms today; Warm with spotty showers on Thanksgiving
- VIDEO: WBRSO still searching for ‘person of interest’
- New Roads man found shot to death in West Baton Rouge