BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- With Hurricane Ida approaching, it is time to start making preparations for landfall.
Here is the list of sandbag locations by parish with the hours of operation.
Ascension Parish has sandbags available at the following locations (please note the additions of Oak
Grove Community Center and Lamar-Dixon Expo Center):
EAST BANK LOCATIONS:
- Oak Grove Community Center, LA 42 @ LA 73 (opening today at 2:00 pm)
- Prairieville Fire Dept, Hwy 73
- Paula Park, LA 933, Galvez
- 5th Ward Fire Dept, la 22, Darrow
- Butch Gore Memorial Park, Harry Savoy Rd, St. Amant
- A.P. Fire District #1, Airline Hwy, Gonzales
- Stevens Park, Cannon Rd, Gonzales
- Jackie Robinson Memorial Park, Coco Rd, Geismar
- LA 431 @ Valentine Rd (in the curve), Lake – (Loose sand and bags. Bring your own shovel)
- City Maintenance Barn, 2919 S. Darla Ave in Gonzales
WEST BANK LOCATIONS:
- DPW-West Barn, 750 Church St, Donaldsonville
- A-Bend Park
- Lemannville Park
- St. Jude Subdivison
- Bursly McCall Fire Station (La 1)
- Modest Park
SANDBAGS FOR ASCENSION SENIOR CITIZENS & DISABLED CITIZENS WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCY:
- DPW – West, 2171 D Thibaut Drive
Saturday, August 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Limited to 30 sandbags per trip. Bags will be loaded into their vehicles.
LAMAR-DIXON EXPO CENTER:
Senior Citizens and Disabled Citizens with Ascension Parish proof of residency ONLY
- Friday August 27 from 2 pm to 6 pm
- Saturday August 28 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Limited to 30 sandbags per trip.
- Bags will be loaded into their vehicles
- Enter from St Landry Road Entrance #2, follow the cones to Barn 8 (same setup as the Army National Guard testing for Covid).
Additional locations will be added as needed.
Residents are asked to keep all sandbags through the duration of hurricane season
City of Gonzales:
Sandbags are available at the City Maintenance Barn, 2919 S. Darla Avenue Friday, August 27 and Saturday, August 28 from 7 am until 5 pm for pickup by residents of the City of Gonzales with identification. Pickup will be available Sunday from 7 am until 11:30 am.
For physically challenged residents, the City will deliver to those citizens during those same hours
East Baton Rouge Parish
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds, 16072 Airline Hwy
- BREC Alsen Park, 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street, 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park, 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park, 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Harley-Vey at Gardere Park, 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park, 13443 Lovett Road (Due to construction, sand has been moved to the back parking lot)
- BREC Memorial Stadium, 1702 Foss Street
City of Baker:
Baker residents may self-fill sandbags beginning today, August 27, 2021, at City Hall 3325 Groom Road. Please bring your own shovel to fill your sandbags, none will be provided. Bags are available at City Hall, however if you do have bags please bring your own.
Please practice all appropriate social distancing measures and please wear a mask while filling sandbags at Baker City Hall.
Pre-filled sandbags are being made available at the City of Baker Public Works Office located at 1507 Mississippi St, Baker, LA 70714 beginning today, August 27, 2021 – the limit on prefilled bags will be ten (10) per vehicle. Prefilled bags will be supplied until approximately 7:00 PM this evening or as supplies last.
Please wear a mask while interacting with Baker Public Works personnel.
If you have any questions please call Public Works at 225-775-5584 beginning Friday morning at 7:30 a.m.
Sand and sandbags are available at these locations, however, shovels will not be provided.
- B.O.M. Fire Department
- Grand Marais Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Rynella Fire Station
- Delcambre City Barn
- Loreauville Park
- Jeanerette Fire Station
- Lydia Fire Station
- Jeanerette City Barn
- Fire District 5, Hwy 190/Eden Church (Fill your own sand bags)
St. James Parish
St. Martin Parish
The sandbag distribution locations listed below will be activated from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Please be prepared to fill your own sandbags. 25 sandbags per vehicle.
- Ruth Barn located at 1035 Ruth Bridge Highway
- Paul Angelle Park located at 2458 Cecilia Sr. High School Road
- South Barn located at 1011 Capritto 40 Arpent Road
- Clayton Boudreaux Memorial Park located at 1028 Catahoula Highway
- Lower St. Martin Parish at the Stephensville Park and at Belle River across the road from the Fire Station
West Baton Rouge Parish
People are asked to bring their own shovels to these sandbag locations.
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave., Port Allen
- Rivault Park, 900 South Jefferson Ave., Port Allen
- Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St., Brusly
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd, Port Allen
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd, Addis
- South Winterville Water Tower
- Lobdell Fire Station, 2937 Lafiton Ln, Port Allen
- Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy 1, Addis
Regularly visit our website for the latest weather updates and download the free BRProud weather app.