Chicken Creole over Cajun Country Rice
2 tsp. Shurfine extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, large diced
1 Tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, divided
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 rib celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5 oz.) Shurfine diced tomatoes, undrained
½ cup Shurfine chicken broth
1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano
1 tsp. fresh thyme
½ lemon, juiced
¼ tsp. Shurfine crushed red pepper flakes
Hot cooked Cajun Country Rice
Minced parsley for garnish
- In a dutch oven, saute chicken on medium-high heat in 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil until no longer pink. Add a tsp of Cajun seasoning and stir, then remove chicken from the pot using a slotted spoon and reserve. Add the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil followed by the green bell peppers, onion, celery, and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover for around 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the dutch oven and incorporate it with the sauce. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes. Add more chicken broth if it gets too dry.
- Add additional Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with parsley and serve with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce if desired.