Chef Jay Ducote makes hasselback potatoes with a sweet and spicy sauce.
Yields 4 servings
- 12 small potatoes, Yukon Gold, Fingerlings, or Red Bliss
- 1 cup Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub Butter (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped (garnish)
Louisiana Molasses Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Louisiana Molasses Mustard
Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub Butter:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 Tbsp Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- Melt BBQ butter in a saucepan & set aside.
- Mix yogurt sauce & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Place a potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons or 2 chopsticks. Cut crosswise in each potato, about 1/8-inch apart. (The spoon handles will prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through.) Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes close together in a baking dish and pour BBQ Butter in between each slice.
- Bake until golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt mustard and green onions