Chef Jay Ducote makes a cheesy artichoke and spinach dip.
● 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
● 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
● 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
● 3 cans (14 ounces each) whole artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely
● 6 oz frozen spinach
● 1/3 cup dry white wine
● 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
● 2 1/4 cups cubed Fontina cheese (about 3/4 pound)
● 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add artichokes and wine; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese until blended. Fold in 1 1/4 cups Fontina, frozen spinach, and parsley. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish or oven-proof skillet; sprinkle with 1 cup additional Fontina. Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 minutes.
- Serve warm dip with pita chips, tortilla chips, etc.