Chef Jay Ducote makes a holiday dessert!
-5 oz bittersweet choc chips
-1 oz Shurfine butter
-2 oz Shurfine egg yolk
-2.5 oz Shurfine egg whites
-1 oz Shurfine sugar
-2.5 fl oz Shurfine heavy cream
-1 tbsp peppermint oil
-6 crushed peppermint candies
- Over a double boiler melt chocolate and butter.
- Add egg yolks one at a time
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Add sugar then whip to firm peaks.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whip heavy cream to firm peaks and fold into chocolate.
- Add peppermint oil and fold in.
- Portion into small dishes and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- Serve with crushed peppermints sprinkled on top