- 2 pounds chicken wings , halved at joints, wingtips discarded
- 1/4 cup Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with non-stick spray. Using paper towels, pat the wings completely dry, then place them in a mixing bowl. Toss the wings with the BBQ Rub, baking powder, and kosher salt until evenly coated. Place the wings with room in between on the wire rack.
- Place in the oven to bake, turning the wings after 20-25 minutes until wings are crispy and browned. The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the wings from the oven and let them stand for 5 minutes. Transfer the wings to a clean mixing bowl and toss with barbecue sauce and honey.