Jay Ducote shows us how to make a hearty Irish stew.
3 lbs beef stew meat
2 cups onions, small diced
2 cups celery, small diced
1 cup carrots, small diced
12 oz stout beer
2 Tbsp Shurfine flour
1 quart Shurfine beef stock
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
3 oz Shurfine tomato paste
2 Tbsp Jay D’s Coffee Chile Rub
4 cups small fingerling or small red potatoes, quartered
3 cups carrots and parsnips, ½” circles
Parsley, finely chopped
- Toss beef with salt and black pepper. Sear beef until golden brown.
- Add onions, celery and carrots; saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour and slightly toast the flour by continually stirring.
- Add beer, stock, Jay D’s Coffee Chile Rub, garlic and tomato paste. Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Add root vegetables (carrot and parsnip slices) and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.