Chef Jay Ducote makes pimento cheese jalapeño poppers with bacon.
Jalapeño Poppers Ingredients:
- 12 jalapeños
- 6 strips Buckley Farm’s bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup Jay D’s Pimento Cheese
- 1 Pack Shurfine Snack Crackers
Pimento Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup Shurfine mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard
- 12 oz Shurfine Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 12 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese, grated
- 1, 4-oz jar Shurfine diced pimentos, rinsed
Pimento Cheese Instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and allow to marry flavors for at least 30 minutes.
Jalapeño Poppers Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Slice each jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane. Pan cook jalapeños cut side down for 5 minutes. Let cool and stuff each jalapeño with 1 Tbsp of pimento cheese.
- Place jalapeños on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with crumbled bacon.