Jay shows us his recipe for a Blanc du Bois Star Gazer cocktail made with his own wine made from grapes grown here in Louisiana.
If you’re not sure how to cut a pineapple, let Jay walk you through it in this video.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pineapple
- 2 oz blanc du bois
- 1 oz white rum
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- Slice 2 4″, 1/4″ thick slices from the pineapple
- Mix sugar, water and vanilla bean scrapping in a pot, simmer for 4 minutes.
- Place pineapple pieces on a grill pan OR on an outside grill to get grill marks on pineapple
- Dice pineapple and place in muddler to get juices
- Add one tbsp of the simple syrup when it’s finished simmering to a cocktail shaker with the pineapple
- Add wine and rum to the shaker and shake with ice
- Strain into glass and garnish with a lime wedge