AMELIA, La. (BRPROUD) – The Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested a wanted fugitive after conducting a traffic stop.
Deputies arrested Eric Scott Castagnetta, 35, on multiple felony charges. Castagnetta was initially stopped after committing several traffic violations driving eastbound on U.S. 90.
After performing a background check of the suspect, deputies discovered that he was a wanted fugitive from Elayne Hunt Correctional Facility in St. Gabriel.
A vehicle search by deputies resulted in the seizure of numerous illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Castagnetta faces charges of:
- Prohibited Acts – Schedule I
- Prohibited Acts – Schedule II
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession of Meth-Amphetamine
- Fugitive – Elayne Hunt Correctional Facility
- Driving Under Suspension
- Driving on Roadway Laned for Traffic
- Unauthorized Use of a Moveable
His bond has been set at $140,000.