BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Three Baton Rouge groups have formed the Texas Giveback Initiative to help Houston residents after last week’s wintry weather caused mass power outages and left many without water.
Anchor Community Services, the Jewel J. Newman Community Center and Elevate Church of Baton Rouge are asking the public to make donations to aid the initiative. Those groups are asking for the following items:
- Bottled water
- Home Depot, Lowe’s or VISA gift cards to help Houston residents make repairs
- Monetary donations, which should be sent via Cash App to $icresults
Donors can drop off bottled water and gift cards at each organization through Friday. Addresses are as follows:
- Jewel J. Newman Community Center, 2013 Central Road
- Anchor Community Services, 9111 Interline Ave. Suite 17
- Elevate Church of Baton Rouge, 10957 Greenwell Springs Road
All donations will go to the Houston Food Bank next week, according to city spokesperson Jamie Presley.
For more information, call the Jewel J. Newman Community Center at (225) 775-3935.
- Mass shooting injures six at child’s birthday party in LaPlace
- After child dies, US regulator warns about Peloton treadmill
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?
- Flyer: Not allowed on AA flight because my mask was see-through
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116