BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Louisiana State Police is partnering with local law enforcement agencies, including the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office, for the National Click It or Ticket initiative.
Between Monday, May 24 and Sunday, June 6, participating agencies will conduct more random seatbelt checks.
The Louisiana Highway Safety Commission funds the initiative, according to APSO.
“One of the safest choices drivers and passengers can make is to buckle up,” APSO wrote in a Facebook post. “Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash.”
- Child tax credits: IRS unveils tool to check eligibility, manage monthly payments
- Wednesday Night: Areas of fog overnight; Hot and humid with spotty storms Thursday and Friday
- Baton Rouge highlighted in national effort to curb gun violence
- $20 million in drainage projects approved by Baton Rouge Metro Council
- AP Top 25 Podcast: Home or bowl? Tweaking CFP expansion plan