DELHI, La. — A Delhi man is dead after police say he was hit by a train on Monday.
According to the Delhi Police Department, the accident happened on Monday around 3:30 AM near the intersection of Chatham Street and U.S. Highway 80.
Police say the victim, identified as 57-year-old Will Jiles, was laying on the tracks when the train hit him.
Police are unsure if Jiles was asleep or passed out due to other factors.
The coroner has ruled the case as an accidental death.
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Families left homeless outside Laura’s disaster zones struggle to find aid
- ACLU of Louisiana files brief supporting refugee facing anti-LGBTQ violence in Ghana
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses