DELHI, La. — A Delhi man is dead after police say he was hit by a train on Monday.
According to the Delhi Police Department, the accident happened on Monday around 3:30 AM near the intersection of Chatham Street and U.S. Highway 80.
Police say the victim, identified as 57-year-old Will Jiles, was laying on the tracks when the train hit him.
Police are unsure if Jiles was asleep or passed out due to other factors.
The coroner has ruled the case as an accidental death.
- 49ers offensive assistant Katie Sowers will become the first woman to coach in the Super Bowl
- Martin Luther King Jr. Festival
- Hundreds of people commemorate MLK day by giving back
- 49ers impressive turnaround sparks Super Bowl appearance
- LSU keeps WR Coach Mickey Joseph, gives DB Coach Corey Raymond three-year extension