BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) announced a series of free health insurance informational events taking place throughout the state starting Monday, Jan. 10.
According to LDH, residents interested in learning more about health coverage options can meet professionals from Jan. 10 to Jan. 14. The schedule is as follows:
- Gretna: Monday, January 10 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1509 Monroe Street
- Baton Rouge: Tuesday, January 11 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Peachtree Boulevard adjacent to Baton Rouge General Mid-City, 3600 Florida Boulevard
- New Roads: Wednesday, January 12 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at New Roads City Hall, 211 West Main Street
- Lafayette: Thursday, January 13 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m at the Progressive Community Outreach Center, 125 Gallian Street
- Lake Charles: Friday, January 14 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m at the Public Health Unit, 3236 Kirkman Street
LDH said professionals will help schedule appointments, assist anyone seeking information about their health coverage options and determine eligibility for financial assistance through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
“Louisianans who earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid, but still have challenges acquiring insurance through the private sector, are encouraged to explore options available through the Marketplace. People who own their businesses, contract employees and people working in the hospitality and entertainment industries may fall in this category,” said LDH in a news release.
Open enrollment ends on Saturday, Jan. 15.
For more information about Health Insurance Marketplace, click here.