BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Two Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies and one St. Helena Parish Sheriff’s deputy were inside of an LPSO helicopter Monday when the craft malfunctioned and rolled over.
The deputies are now at a local hospital, where they will be examined for minor to moderate injuries, according to Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard.
They were preparing to travel to Greensburg to assist with a joint case between the two sheriff’s offices when the helicopter rolled upon takeoff, Ard revealed in a Facebook post.
LPSO is working with the FAA to determine what caused the malfunction.
- Tips from a pro photographer on how to get the ultimate Instagram-worthy shot
- Teacher receives award after helping student call 911 over unresponsive mom
- ‘I felt terrified;’ Man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges
- How do you negotiate your salary in an uncertain economy?
- WATCH: Hear shots ring out killing law enforcement officer at basketball game in Louisiana