BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A man who was accused of strangling a woman while a young child was present during a domestic dispute on Friday has posted a $25,000 bond and has left the Assumption Parish Detention Center.
Assumption Parish Sheriff’s deputies arrested 29-year-old Paincourtville resident Camren Charles Aucoin Friday night after a woman reported she had been injured in a domestic dispute with the suspect.
Deputies arrived to find “obvious” signs of injury on the woman. Aucoin had left the scene by the time deputies arrived, but they found him near Plattenville and noticed “signs consistent with a crime of violence,” Sheriff Leland Falcon reported.
Deputies arrested Aucoin on a charge of domestic abuse battery involving strangulation with child endangerment, since a young child was present during the violent dispute, according to APSO.
- APSO asking for public’s help locating convicted felon
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- Trump in 2024? He says only that ‘a Republican’ will win
- Saturday Night: Quiet 48 hours; Storms return on Tuesday
- Van riddled with dozens of bullet holes found in Mississippi River