ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WDSU) — A Metairie woman wanted for kidnapping her son on Thanksgiving day turned herself into the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Wednesday afternoon, according to the sheriff.
Coreion Molette will be booked into the St. Tammany Parish Jail on one count aggravated kidnapping of a child.
The child’s custodial parents contacted the sheriff’s office Thanksgiving Day after Molette showed up at a residence in the Lakeshore Villages Subdivision near Slidell during a family celebration and fled with the child, according to the sheriff.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office said they recovered the 9-year-old Texas boy Wednesday afternoon, with the assistance of the FBI Task Force, at a residence in the New Orleans area.
The child was in good health and unharmed, according to the sheriff.
“We are grateful for the working relationship we have with our federal and state partners who assisted us in locating and and reuniting this young man with his legal guardians,” Sheriff Randy Smith said.
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Baton Rouge Walk On’s hopes for a Saint’s win