BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana Workforce Commission will be visiting parishes affected by Hurricane Ida to help individuals apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) through their Mobile Workforce Center (MWC).
“We know there are still thousands of Louisianians without power right now, who otherwise may not be able to apply for this aid,” said LWC Secretary Ava Cates. “Our team is working tirelessly to ensure people who are displaced right now are able to keep their head above water.”
The MWC will be visiting the following parishes:
- St. James Parish: Sept. 10th – 11th, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., First Community Antioch Baptist Church 10860 Hwy. 3125, Lutcher, LA 70071
- Ascension Parish: Sept. 12th – Sept. 13th, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Lemann Memorial Center, 1100 Clay Street, Donaldsonville, LA 70346
- St. John Parish: Sept. 14th – Sept. 15th, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., River Parishes Community College Reserve Campus, 181 Regala Park Rd, Reserve, LA 70084
- St. Charles Parish: Dates and location pending
- St. Helena Parish: Dates and location pending
- Tangipahoa Parish: Dates and location pending
- Livingston Parish: Dates and location pending
For more information or apply online, click here. Individuals can also apply by calling 1-866- 783-5567 from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.