BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A Kentwood resident faces two counts of first-degree murder after he admitted to killing a couple and told police where their bodies were, according to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities arrested 34-year-old Kevin Buckley on Friday for allegedly killing 54-year-old Iva Jane Travis and 55-year-old Lewis “Payton” Travis.
The couple, whom Travis lived with at their Hwy. 440 residence, was reported missing on Tuesday, and no one had seen or heard from them since Valentine’s Day, according to TPSO.
After interviewing the couple’s friends and family members, detectives contacted Buckley, who reportedly confessed to the slayings.
The investigation is ongoing, and TPSO will release more details as they become available, according to TPSO Chief James Travis.
- New CDC guidance affects 448k Louisianans fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Louisiana congressman calls on investigation related to schools serving students with disabilities
- LSU Gymnastics No. 2 seed in SEC Championships
- BRPD investigates shooting on Dutton, one injured
- Poll: One-third of Republicans won’t get COVID vaccine