SLIDELL, La. (WDSU)- A man has died after his truck crashed into a Slidell credit union.
Shortly before midnight on Friday, Slidell police say a 2018 Ford F-250, driven by 44-year-old William Mancuso, of Slidell, crashed into the St. Tammany Federal Credit Union at 550 Pontchartrain Drive.Advertisement
His vehicle went in one side and out the other, according to Slidell police.
Mancuso sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene, officials said. He was not properly restrained.
A preliminary investigation indicates that Mancuso was traveling north on Pontchartrain Drive at a high rate of speed when he failed to navigate a curve in the road and continued straight into the building.
Speed and impairment are suspected to be contributing factors in the crash, Slidell police said.
Toxicology results are pending.
According to Slidell Police Chief Randy Fandal, this is the fifth fatal crash in just four months for the city.
Due to the financial building being severely compromised, Slidell Police are providing a paid security detail for the St. Tammany Federal Credit Union until the building can be properly secured.
- AG and sheriff announce arrests in ‘brilliant’ multi-million dollar Walmart crime spree
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Denham PD investigating inappropriate relationship at Denham High School between teacher, former student
- LDH: Louisiana averaging more than 3,700 COVID-19 cases per day over the last 72 hours
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says