NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU)- A New Orleans Police Department sergeant has been arrested following a crash on I-10 Sunday morning.
The NOPD says the crash occurred at 2 a.m. on I-10 near the City Park exit.
According to officers, 8th District Sgt. Daniel McMullen was traveling westbound on I-10 in a marked NOPD unit when he struck the rear of an SUV, causing the police unit to roll over.
The driver of the vehicle struck by McMullen was injured, but was not taken to the hospital, the NOPD said.
McMullen was taken to University Medical Center for minor injuries and released.
While at the hospital, McMullen submitted to a breath alcohol test, which indicated he was over the legal limit, according to the NOPD.
He was arrested for DWI.
The case remains under investigation.
- Friday Night: Stormy weekend; Cooler next week
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions