BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A recent report has found that Louisiana is currently the 7th most overweight state in the country.
According to the personal finance website WalletHub, Louisiana ranks third in percentage of obese children, third in percentage of physically inactive adults, first in percentage of adults with high cholesterol and first in percentage of adults eating less than one serving of fruits/vegetables per day.
In case you were wondering, West Virginia takes the title of ‘Fattest State in the U.S.’
If you would like to see the WalletHub report broken down by state, see below:
For more information and to see the full report, click here.
- LSU clinches series with Friday night win at Auburn
- Louisiana House committee advances bill prohibiting employers from discriminating against natural hairstyles
- Bill allowing parents to request cameras in special education classrooms heads to State Senate
- Louisiana troopers knew baby was in fleeing suspect’s car before both were killed in Mississippi
- Food distribution and COVID-19 vaccines sites available in BR on Saturday