BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A recent report has found that Louisiana is currently the 7th most overweight state in the country.
According to the personal finance website WalletHub, Louisiana ranks third in percentage of obese children, third in percentage of physically inactive adults, first in percentage of adults with high cholesterol and first in percentage of adults eating less than one serving of fruits/vegetables per day.
In case you were wondering, West Virginia takes the title of ‘Fattest State in the U.S.’
If you would like to see the WalletHub report broken down by state, see below:
For more information and to see the full report, click here.
- Friday Night: Stormy weekend; Cooler next week
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions