BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The State Fire Marshal (SFM) and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain has lifted the burn ban in Iberville and St. Bernard parishes.
However, the private burning ban remains in effect for Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist and Terrebonne parishes, according to officials.
Items not allowed to be burned per the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality, include:
- Plastic and other synthetic materials
- Tires and other rubber products
- Paints, household and agricultural chemicals
- Asphalt shingles, heavy oils, wire
- Newspaper, cardboard and other paper products
- Buildings and mobile homes