Bastrop – Early this morning, just after 2:50 a.m., Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop F began investigating a single-vehicle fatal crash just north of Bastrop on Cut Off Road.
The initial investigation by State Police revealed the crash occurred as a 2005 Honda Foreman ATV, driven by 58-year-old Jacky K. McMullan, was traveling northbound on Cut Off Road.
For reasons still under investigation, the ATV traveled off the right side of the road and impacted a culvert.
After impact with the culvert, the ATV began to overturn.
McMullan, who was not wearing a helmet, was ejected from the ATV.
McMullan was pronounced dead at the scene by the Morehouse Parish Coroner’s Office.
A toxicology sample was obtained and will be submitted for analysis.
This crash remains under investigation.
The public is reminded that it is dangerous and illegal to operate off-road vehicles (i.e. three-wheelers, four-wheelers, and other all-terrain vehicles) on any public roadway in this state.
In 2020, Troop F has investigated 13 fatal crashes resulting in 14 deaths.
- Dr. King’s legacy remembered during MLK Day “the urban experience” at Millennial Park
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Denham Springs Community honors the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- InspireNOLA MLK Basketball Classic recap and highlights
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. honored at church he pastored in Montgomery