UPDATE: (03/11/2020) — The Ruston Police Department has announced the arrest of the man accused of shooting and killing Jeffery Early in January.
Police say that on March 10, 2020, deputies with the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Department were able to arrest Howard Jackson in Simsboro, LA, at his girlfriend’s apartment. Reports say that Jackson’s girlfriend, Shambreka Pope, told deputies that Jackson had been with her for approximately one week. Pope gave deputies
Law enforcement then obtained a search warrant for the apartment where Jackson was found. During the following search, deputies found 10 plastic baggies of marijuana, 42 units of MDMA, 12.5 units of Xanax, 10 strips of Suboxone, and a digital scale.
Both Jackson and Pope were arrested and then taken to the Lincoln Parish Detention Center.
Jackson was booked on a warrant charge of Second Degree Murder and another warrant charge of Terrorizing. Both Pope and Jackson were also charged with the following:
- Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of MDMA with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Suboxone with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Xanax with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Jackson’s bond is currently set at $1,250,000. Pope’s bond has not been set as of yet.
ORIGINAL: (02/21/2020) RUSTON, La. — The Ruston Police Department is currently searching for a man wanted in the January shooting death of Jeffery Early.
According to police, Howard Jackson of Ruston is wanted for Second Degree Murder. Police say that Jackson should be considered armed and dangerous.
If you have any information about where Jackson is, please call the Ruston Police Department at 318-255-4141.
- Residents coping with first weekend during the stay at home order
- Friday Night: Potential record heat tomorrow; Rain possible Saturday night
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez
- Baton Rouge City Court extends closure through April 10
- Mid-Tap and Mary Bird Perkins to partner for ‘Beat Cancer, Beat COVID-19 Fundraiser’