BARATARIA, La. (WDSU) —Final adjustments to the Barataria Bridge could be affected by weather this week.
Last week a barge hit the Barataria Bridge, which is closed to traffic Monday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for repairs.
The bridge is the only route for people to cross the bayou.
Crews spent the weekend repairing it, using a crane to put the roadway back into service.
Weather allowing, final repairs would be completed between the time frame provided Monday.
- Four Angola corrections officers arrested for alleged excessive use of force
- WATCH: Exclusive video access of Seacor lift boat wreckage
- Guild Esports wins ‘Rocket League’ trophy
- Miami to South Texas: sailors hope to train future Mars astronauts, dock near SpaceX
- SEACOR LATEST: 8 remain missing from capsized lift boat as Coast Guard suspends search