WEST MONROE, La. – Authorities say a Woodlawn Elementary teacher has been arrested, accused of juvenile cruelty.
According to officials, they have arrested a 2nd grade teacher, Brandy Bostick, after she allegedly became upset with a 7-year-old male student and struck him in the back of the head with her open hand.
According to the child’s mother, later that same night he told his mother that he had a ringing in his ears and developed a headache due to the incident.
The arrest report says Bostick told the child’s mother that she struck the juvenile student two other times, once with a rolled piece of paper and once with a manilla style testing folder.
Bostick is currently being held on a $50,000 bond. We will update this article as we receive more information.
- COVID-19 testing ramps up at LSU as students prepare for football season
- Honoring one Of Baton Rouge’s First African-American Teachers to teach African-American History during the 1950’s
- ‘Next Man Up’ mentality for Saints heading into Week 2
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil
- Scammers are exploiting this PayPal policy to rip off online shoppers, BBB says