(The Livingston Parish News) – A $1,000 cash reward is being offered to anyone who can reunite a Savannah cat owner with his lost pet that went missing this week in Denham Springs.
John Christensen, of Dallas, was spending the night at KOA Campgrounds, located south of Interstate 12 in Denham Springs, on Tuesday when his 2-year-old Savannah cat, Willow, broke through a window screen and escaped into the night.
Willow weighs 22 pounds, and Christensen said she could be mistaken for a bobcat. He added that Willow is not dangerous and described her as a “shy but friendly” indoor cat that has never been outside.
The Savannah cat, the largest of the cat breeds, is a cross between a domestic cat and a serval, a medium-sized, large-eared African cat.
A post shared on the “Lost Pets of Livingston Parish” Facebook page regarding Willow’s disappearance has received more than 4,000 shares. In the post, Christensen said Willow is microchipped and wears a collar with his phone number.
“Willow recently had a medical procedure so she needs her medication daily,” Christensen wrote.
Anyone with information on Willow can call Christensen at (310) 272-6096.
- Southern dominates in SWAC home opener against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 59-3
- Saturday Night Forecast: Low Humidity Continues Before Highs Increase by Mid-Week
- Is it safe to flush toilets during severe flooding?
- Is a used electric vehicle a bargain or a trap?
- Fentanyl laced with animal tranquilizer leading to limb amputations