BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) –103-year-old Millie Lashover received her first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine on Thursday morning at Oschner.
Lashover turned 103 on Wednesday. Nurses sang her Happy Birthday before administering the shot. She said as soon as the Covid-19 vaccine became available there was no question of whether or not she wanted to get it.
“Because I want to get to normal,” Lashover said.
Lashover enjoys walking and visiting with her great great grandchildren.
She says the vaccine was painless and she has not yet felt any side effects.
ORIGINAL: A 103-year-old Louisiana woman will receive her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in Baton Rouge Thursday morning.
The patient will receive the vaccine just one day after turning 103, according to Ochsner Health Regional Communications Director Daryl Cetnar.
She will receive the vaccine in a private room at the Ochsner COVID Vaccine Clinic.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration