BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — A 12-year-old boy died at Children’s of Alabama Monday after being shot earlier that afternoon in Bessemer.
According to the the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the boy was shot in the 500 block of 29th Street North in town sometime before 1 p.m. Monday. The victim was reportedly shot by a juvenile family member while inside a house.
The boy passed away at 4:15 p.m. at Children’s. Due to being a minor, his name is being withheld from release.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are currently being investigated.
- Tigers Sweep Events in Win Over Georgia
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend