BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has gone up to 196 Monday.
The most recent numbers were released by the Alabama Department of Public Health Monday. Jefferson County now has 86 cases, making it the county with the highest number of coronavirus cases in the state.
With the latest number, 24 of Alabama’s 67 counties have confirmed coronavirus cases. Approximately 1,832 people have been tested through ADPH.
The rising number of cases over the past couple of weeks has caused many parts of Alabama economic engine to either partially or totally close. Public schools are also out through at least April 6.
- Friday Night: Clear and cold tonight; Sunny, cooler than average weekend
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Mexicans in the U.S. sent record amounts of money back home despite COVID-19 pandemic
- Bucs’ Leonard Fournette returns to New Orleans in attempt to upset hometown team
- Best deals for National Pizza Week, Jan. 10-17