HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Hoover nursing home has confirmed to CBS 42 that 17 residents and 19 employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
South Haven Health and Rehabilitation says they began testing residents and employees as a proactive measure to contain the spread of the virus.
The nursing home says of the 17 residents who tested positive, only three showed no symptoms. As for the 19 employees, 13 showed no symptoms at the time of their diagnosis.
Officials at the nursing home say they are continuing to get test results back and will be doing everything they can to help prevent the spread of the virus as well as treat those who are infected.
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters
- Tuesday Night: Dry tonight; Showers tomorrow
- Republicans praise Trump for his promise to stop protests; Democrats at a loss for words
- Current, former LSU players express support on ‘Black Tuesday’
- Formal complaint filed against EBR School Board as superintendent search moves forward