HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Hoover nursing home has confirmed to CBS 42 that 17 residents and 19 employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
South Haven Health and Rehabilitation says they began testing residents and employees as a proactive measure to contain the spread of the virus.
The nursing home says of the 17 residents who tested positive, only three showed no symptoms. As for the 19 employees, 13 showed no symptoms at the time of their diagnosis.
Officials at the nursing home say they are continuing to get test results back and will be doing everything they can to help prevent the spread of the virus as well as treat those who are infected.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Saturday Night: Near-normal temperatures; Storms on Monday before an autumn cool down
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail