INDEPENDENCE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana State Police is investigating a deadly hit-and-run that occurred around 9 p.m. on Monday, November 9.
Chevy Hare, 18, of Independence died after being hit by an unidentified vehicle.
According to the Louisiana State Police, “the initial investigation revealed the crash occurred as Hare was walking southbound on LA Hwy 43.”
The unidentified vehicle left the scene after hitting Hare.
LSP says, the 18-year-old “was pronounced deceased at the scene.”
Toxicology results for Hare are forthcoming.
If you have any information about this deadly crash, please call Louisiana State Police Troop A at 225-754-8500.
- WATCH: BRPROUD Midday for March 2nd
- Brewery farmer combats cedar with goats, and they drink the beer, too
- CareSouth providing COVID-19 vaccine in Donaldsonville, appointment needed
- US Supreme Court begins arguments in major voting rights case
- More young people fall for online scams amid pandemic, BBB says