TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Two construction workers were transported to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa after a construction accident Saturday evening.
Around 5 p.m., Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue responded to a construction accident at Bryant Denny Stadium. Engine 2, Truck 32, Rescue 27 and Battalion 2 all responded to the scene, Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue reports.
During the accident, two 40-foot beams fell striking a man lift operated by two workers. Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue assisted in the extrication of both victims that were trapped and both were transported to DCH Tuscaloosa, authorities say.
The two construction workers are in serious condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Fourteen former LSU Tigers appear in 2020 MLB 60-man player pools
- LOCATED: Baker PD confirms autistic 34-year-old man has been found
- Fauci: New mutation may allow COVID-19 to more easily replicate
- Myrtle Beach to require face masks in stores, restaurants, common areas
- City of Baker responds to Mayor Broome’s face coverings mandate