CHICAGO (WGN) — Chicago police are searching for the parents of two young girls found alone on the street.
The sisters were found in the city’s South Shore neighborhood around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
The girls have been identified as 5-year-old Kamariya and 1-year-old Chantel. Police describe Kamariya as being 3-feet, 6 inches tall and 48 pounds, and Chantel as 2-feet tall and 22 pounds.
Their last name is unknown.
The girls were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital for observation. They are reported to be in good condition.
Police have contacted the Department of Children and Family Services.
- LDH: Louisiana averaging more than 3,700 COVID-19 cases per day over the last 72 hours
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Police in Louisiana asking for public’s help in search for missing, possibly endangered runaway teen
- Pentagon responds to release of photograph taken by Navy pilot showing an unidentified object
- Body found on recycling center conveyor belt is not the first such case in Texas